Compassion Trip Giveaway Official Rules
Contest Name: WAYFM/Compassion Trip Contest
Compassion International, Inc.
12290 Voyager Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921
5540 Tech Center Drive, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
1. Description of Contest/Participation:
A. Contest Period: Contest will begin on September 15, 2016 at 12:00 am MST through September 16, 2016 at 11:59 pm MST (“Contest Period”). Entrants not located with the Mountain Standard Time zone, must factor in the time difference.
2. Who is eligible: Residents of the United States who enter the drawing by calling WAYFM (the Station”) at 800-455-1929 or accessing the Station’s website at http://www.WAYFM.com/ during the all 2016 WAYFM Pledge Drive. Current employees of Compassion International or WAYFM are not eligible. You must be 18 years or older to enter the contest. No entries will be allowed for those under the age of 18.
3. How to participate in the contest: Call the Station or go to the website. There is one entry per person. If you choose to opt out of the Contest please contact the Station. In this event another winner shall be selected.
NO PURCHASE, DONATION PLEDGE OR DONATION IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
a. To enter the contest the entry must be given during the dates listed above. Late entries will not be accepted.
b. The winner shall be drawn from the pool of entrants on or about September 16, 2016.
c. The winner will be notified via phone by on or before September 23, 2016. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call to contact the winner. WAYFM will make a maximum of 3 phone calls to reach the winner. If after 3 attempts WAYFM is not able to reach the winner their entry will be disqualified. If notification is given on the winner’s answering machine or if the winner hears his/her name announced on air, winner must contact WAYFM within 24 hours at 800-455-1929. WAYFM is not responsible for and shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. All decisions of WAYFM are final.
d. The prize is non-transferrable.
e. By participating you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of WAYFM and Compassion International are final on all matters relating to the contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with the rules, your entry will not be accepted.
f. If the winner declines the prize, a second winner will be chosen within 30 days from notification that the prize is declined.
5. The Prize that will be awarded to the eligible winner consists of:
• Round trip airfare from the departure city for the winner and one guest to visit a Compassion International office/child development center in Guatemala. Trip date is July 18-25, 2017. Hotel accommodations for the duration of the trip, selected by Compassion International;
• Ground transportation and meals.
6. Approximate total value of individual prize package is: $7,000. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel. A minor (over the age of 10) may accompany winner as a travel guest only if the winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied at all times during the trip including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all other events. Winner and guest must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., passport) required for travel. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Compassion International shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, or any other persons providing prize related services or accommodations. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining travel insurance and all other forms of insurance at their option. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. The prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize.
7. Registration for the trip will open on October 28, 2016. If registration has not been completed by January 1, 2017 the winner will forfeit the trip.
8. Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to Compassion International and the value of any prize awarded to a Winner shall be reported for tax purposes on a 1099 to the Winner as required by law. Winner and guest are each responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expense(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Winner and guest must each provide Compassion International with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
For all contests WAYFM and Compassion International disclaim all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. WAYFM and Compassion International is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. WAYFM and Compassion International further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of WAYFM or Compassion International, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort; unpredictability of political and meteorological conditions or other circumstances which are beyond the control of WAYFM and Compassion International. In such circumstances, the Winning participant will not be entitled to a substitute prize or trip except as is offered by Compassion International in its sole discretion.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Compassion International personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Compassion International will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the Contest rules and Compassion International’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final.
11. Winners will be subject to a criminal background check.
12. The winner will be required to provide insight and feedback about their trip (video, photography/written reflections/etc.). This feedback will be used in future promotional material at Compassion’s discretion.
I hereby agree that in accordance with the contest rules the winner will be selected by WAYFM in its sole discretion and I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WAYFM and Compassion International and its affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims regarding bias, prejudice or self-dealing in WAYFM’s selection of the winner. I further agree that WAYFM’s decision is final.
The winner will be required to sign the following Travel Release Form prior to the trip:
Travel Release Privilege of Participation
I understand that participating and traveling in overseas programs with Compassion International, Inc., an Illinois not-for-profit corporation (“Compassion”), is a privilege. In consideration for that privilege, I am signing this Travel Release Form and agreeing to it terms and conditions. Each covenant and agreement that I make in this document is made for myself and is intended to be binding on me and my family members, heirs, beneficiaries, estate, and personal representatives to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Acknowledgement of Risk
I have been informed of and reviewed the U.S. State Department briefings regarding the country(ies) in which I will travel with Compassion. I understand that there are certain risks and dangers associated with such travel and participation in Compassion’s overseas programs, which often include travel to and lodging in the poorest areas of developing countries. Those risks, whether or not listed by the U.S. State Department, include but are not necessarily limited to acts of violence; kidnapping, piracy, hijacking, and other criminal activities; civil and political disturbances; illness and inadequate medical care; airplane and vehicle accidents; natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, and hurricanes; and the possibility of other injury, disease, or death. I nevertheless voluntarily choose to participate in and travel with Compassion and assume those risks of participation and travel.
Release and Agreement not to Sue
I release and covenant not to sue Compassion and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, successors, assigns, agents, and representatives (including the heirs, beneficiaries, and personal representatives of any such individual), from, against, and with respect to, and further discharge and waive, all claims (known and unknown), demands, actions, causes of action, damages, losses, and liabilities that I may have or suffer (including claims of negligence) with respect to (1) personal injury, disease, illness, accident, disability, death, or other injury of any kind, and/or (2) injury or loss to real or personal property, and in each of (1) or (2) caused by or arising out of my travels with and other participation in the programs of Compassion.
I further agree to indemnify, save, and hold harmless the released parties referenced above from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, losses, and liabilities for indemnity, contribution, or otherwise with respect to any and all personal injury, death, and/or property damage caused by or arising out of my travels with and other participation in the programs of Compassion, as may be asserted by a third party (defined as a party other than the released parties or me), except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
I understand and agree that my participation in the Compassion program and any services I perform in connection therewith are voluntary Christian services and not in contemplation of compensation of any kind. I am not an employee of Compassion. This agreement is necessary to document the exemption of such voluntary service from wage and hour and tax laws, if any, of the United States and foreign jurisdictions, applicable to any such volunteer service.
Permission to Treat
In the event that I become sick or injured while participating in Compassion’s programs, I give Compassion and its representatives authority to request and authorize medical and/or hospital treatment on my behalf and for my benefit. I further authorize any licensed physician, dentist, other qualified medical personnel, hospital and medical clinic to administer necessary medical and/or surgical treatment to protect my health and welfare. I also authorize Compassion and its representatives to administer first aid to me in the event that I become sick or injured, and to authorize and consent on my behalf to the administration of first aid by emergency medical service providers.
In the event of arrest or detention by legitimate governments or other forces, Compassion will use all appropriate resources and take all appropriate steps to gain release. In the event of threats to life, Compassion will use legitimate, prudent means for safeguarding life. If, for whatever reason, I am individually or in a group involved in a kidnapping, piracy, or hijacking, or am otherwise arrested or detained, I appoint Compassion or its delegate to represent me and my family in any negotiation proceedings. I understand that the policy of Compassion is that it will not pay ransom or yield to demands of any individual or group. I understand and agree to abide by Compassion’s policy in this regard.
Entry to Foreign Country
I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to obtain the necessary documents for entry into any foreign country where I will travel with Compassion, including but not limited to visas and passports, and to seek and procure any medical advice, specialized pretreatment or treatment, medication, or immunization that may be appropriate or required for travel into the intended countries.
It is understood that Compassion will capture the winner’s journey through photos and video interviews while on the trip, to create content for its purposes. I give Compassion and its affiliates the right to use my name, likeness, voice, and/or testimony in any written, photographic, audio, video, or other medium for documentary, publicity, promotion, advertising, and marketing purposes. This grant shall extend to any and all remakes and reissues, and to any and all phases of the utilization, of any work that uses my name, likeness, voice, and/or testimony.
Compassion trips typically include travel into the poorest areas of developing countries. Conditions are frequently uncomfortable and physically challenging including extended periods of walking on rough/unpaved paths, with possible demanding climbs, potential periods at high elevation, and long travel times requiring use of modern and primitive, private and public transportation services that may lack accommodations for people with physical disabilities. Compassion may require an accompanying traveler at my expense to monitor and assist with specific physical or medical needs. The right is reserved to decline participation for any person as a trip member for any reason that affects the operation of the trip or the rights and enjoyment of the other trip members.
Code of Conduct
Compassion is a Christ-centered, evangelical organization committed to releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name through partnership with local evangelical churches in developing countries. By participating on a Compassion trip, I understand that I am perceived as a representative of Compassion, whether as a sponsor, donor, partner or guest, and agree to conduct myself according to Christian principles in the context of the local culture of the destination country. I agree to defer to and uphold standards communicated by trip leaders regarding specific behaviors which may be considered offensive or inappropriate in the local Christian context. I understand and agree that any behavior which puts the long-term ministry of Compassion at risk may result in dismissal at my expense. I additionally agree to adhere to Compassion’s travel safety standards as communicated by trip leaders.
Child/Visitor Code of Conduct
For everyone’s protection, it is important that Compassion trip members avoid even the appearance of inappropriate conduct when interacting with Compassion children. The following guidelines are intended to protect children in Compassion projects, as well as Compassion trip members, from abuse and wrongful allegations of abuse. 1. A Compassion staff member will accompany trip participants at all times during an individual visit. 2. A trip participant may only go to a child’s home if invited and accompanied by a Compassion staff member. 3. Trip participants may not stay overnight with children, whether in a staff member’s home or elsewhere. 4. Trip participants may not ask for or accept accommodations at the project or with the family of a sponsored child. 5. Trip participants must avoid flirting, unwelcome flattery, or suggestive comments. 6. Trip participants will be educated on how to be culturally sensitive in expressing affection to Compassion children. 7. Trip participants may not give any personal contact information to a Compassion child or his or her family, nor ask for or record a child’s contact information.
In the event that any provision of this Travel Release Form is adjudged invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of any of the other provisions, which other provisions shall remain in full force and effect as if this Travel Release Form had been executed with the invalid provision eliminated. I understand and agree that this Travel Release Form is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted under applicable law and is made in and shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of Colorado, United States of America.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I HAVE THEREFORE BEEN ADVISED TO READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING IT.
AFFIDAVIT: By my signature below, I affirm and certify that (a) I am 18 years of age or older; (b) all information provided above is true and correct; (c) I have read the above statements and understand the terms and conditions under which I voluntarily allow the minor to travel with Compassion and participate in its programs; and (d) I execute this Travel Release Form voluntarily, with full knowledge and intention to be legally bound by its terms and conditions to extend in perpetuity.