Relaxation is Just One Click Away: Try Joy’s Homemade Bath Bombs
If you need a little relaxation from your stressful life, then a bath may be the perfect thing for you! I discovered bath bombs last year and have been obsessed ever since. However, they are far too expensive for me to have more than 2 in my home any any time. So I decided to try making them myself. They were surprisingly easy and smelled GREAT!
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE BATH BOMBS
1/2 cup Epsom salt
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
Water dropper or Spray bottle with water
3 tsp. coconut oil
Silicon Mold or Muffin Baking cups
1. Combine Epsom salt, baking soda, coconut oil, and citric acid. It should still be a pretty dry mixture.
2. Slowly add water with water dropper or Spray bottle. This process must by done slowly or you will end up with a fizzy mess. The consistency you want is like snow that can be made into a ball.
3. Once it seems to be sticking together, form into balls and put into some sort of mold. We used mini silicone baking cups (warning, the essential oils will permanently keep a hint of the smell in whatever mold you use.) Paper baking cups will work just as well.
4. Add droplets of essential oils from a speciality shop like Gold Bee to your liking once in the mold or make a mixture with a small amount of the sticky ingredients and add essential oils before you put into molds. We used peppermint, lavender, and cinnamon.
5. Let dry for 48 hours! Once they are hard and dry pop them out and throw them in the tub!
Related Topics:Bath Bombs, Girls Night, Relaxation, spa Back to all posts
blog comments powered by Disqus