Community Resources Amid COVID-19
Hey! We love that you're interested in this, but just a heads up, it's for North Colorado.
We’re all experiencing the impact of the public health risks and concerns amid the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. During this time it is important to remember that our Hope and Faith is in Jesus, and we are ALL in this together. Keep in mind that some of our friends and neighbors are facing greater risks and needs, as various precautionary restrictions are put into place to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus.
If you or someone you know has a need, or if you want to help those with a need, we’ve put together the following list of community resources. This list will continue to be updated as the situation progresses.
FOOD & OTHER ASSISTANCE:
- Unemployment/Employment Resources
- Denver Public Schools Food Assistance
- Denver Rescue Mission
- Larimer Food Bank
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Weld Food Bank
- Community Food Share
- Salvation Army
- American Red Cross
- Colorado Pet Pantry
- 2-1-1 Colorado
- Help Colorado Now
- House of Neighborly Service
- Khased Wellness
- Dollar General – the first hour of store operations each day will be dedicated for senior shoppers.
- Target – the first store hour on Wednesdays to the elderly and those with compromised immune systems.
- Whole Foods – 7am to 8am for those over 60 years of age.
- King Soopers – 6am to 7am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for elderly shoppers.
- Safeway – 7am to 9am Monday through Friday for elderly and at-risk customers.
- Sam’s Club – 7am to 9am every Tuesday and Thursday for elderly shoppers, those with disabilities, or immunocompromised shoppers.
- Walgreens – 8am to 9 am each Tuesday for elderly shoppers.
- Don’t forget to check on your neighbors via NextDoor, Ring, or a good phone call!
ENTERTAINMENT & EDUCATION:
Many educational websites are offering free access during the quarantine period:
- Scholastic is offering is offering their Learn from Home program for free during this time!
- abcmouse.com, ReadingIQ.com, and AdventureAcademy.com are giving away free trials by using code SCHOOL7771
- Here’s a HUGE list of other free educational resources!
- How about some free virtual field trips?
- Kahn Academy offers free classes and a suggested home learning schedule based on grade!
- PBS Kids is sending out a daily newsletter with lots of homeschool tips!
- Got a budding artist in your family? Popular child’s author Mo Willems is hosting an online drawing class on YouTube!
- Audible is offering free stories!
- The Chosen is free phone app that tells the story of Jesus!
- Bible App for Kids has a host of animated bible shorts.
- Weave Family provides devotionals and fun activities for you and your kids to stay on mission and think globally while right at home!
- Family content can always be found at Focus on the Family and Family Life.
- Xfinity is allowing everyone to use free WiFi hotspots for the duration of the quarantine period.
- Pray for others by visiting the WayFM Prayer Wall.
- Chat with a counselor!
- Watch a church service online.
- If you think you may be experiencing symptoms, you can call the COVID-19 Public Information Hotline: (877) 857-2945, available daily, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- You can also call the local health department if you are experiencing symptoms.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) offers a lot of helpful information on prevention, symptoms and treatment.
Related Topics:community resources, coronavirus, COVID, covid-19, covid19 Back to all posts
blog comments powered by Disqus