In this time of uncertainty and so many questions, it can be difficult to know where to find help and resources. It is so important to remember that all of our hope can be found in Jesus and that God is working all the time! If you or your friends/family are in need, we hope that these resources below can help! We will continue to update this list and share more as we learn. Have a resource to share? Email Ben
- The Tri-State Food Bank is partnering with area food pantries, and organizations to help with issues of food insecurity
- The Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation, Owensboro Public Schools and other area corporations are providing lunch for students and all children under 18
- Dollar General is strongly encouraging that the first hour of operations each day be dedicated solely for the shopping needs of senior customers, who are one of the groups most vulnerable to the COVID-19 coronavirus. Read announcement
- Schnucks is reserving the hour of 6-7 AM every day for guests who are over 60 and those most vulnerable Find more details
- The Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife is hosting Facebook Live educational sessions starting at 1:00 p.m. EDT, 12:00 p.m. CDT on all weekdays.
- Scholastic is offering is offering their Learn from Home program for free during this time!
- ABCMouse.com, ReadingIQ.com, and AdventureAcademy.com are giving away free trials by using code SCHOOL7771
- Here’s a HUGE list of other free educational resources!
- How about some free virtual field trips?
- Kahn Academy offers free classes and a suggested home learning schedule based on grade!
- PBS Kids is sending out a daily newsletter with lots of homeschool tips!
- Join in prayer for others and share your own requests on the WayFM Prayer Wall
- Need A Neighbor is a great resource in the tristate where you can share your needs and help others!
- Feeling fear or anxiety? You can talk to someone
- Now all Xfinity WiFi hotspots are free to the public. You can find the closest hotspot HERE.
- Vectren/CenterPoint Energy will not disconnect services due to late payments and provide assistance if needed
- Feeling sick? Deaconess and Ascension St. Vincent have prepared great information where you can learn next steps
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Pray for others on the WayFM Prayer Wall
- Donate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for local hospitals and medical professionals
- Give to help provide meals for the hungry through the Evansville Rescue Mission
- Connect with your local church and find out how you can join with the Body of Christ to help!