In this time of uncertainty and so many questions, it can be difficult to know where to find help and resources. It is so important to remember that all of our hope can be found in Jesus and that God is working all the time! If you or your friends/family are in need, we hope that these resources below can help! We will continue to update this list and share more as we learn. Have a resource to share? Email Ben
- Our friends at Dare to Care Food Bank want to continue to make sure that no one goes hungry.
- Offering FREE meals:
- Park Christian Church (2231 Green Valley Road) on the 2nd and 4th Sunday at 4:30 PM and on Thursdays at 6:30 PM
- Silver Street United Methodist Church (413 Silver Street) on Wednesdays from 6:00 – 6:30 PM
- St. Mark’s United Methodist Church of Christ (1421 E. Elm Street) on Saturdays from 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- March for Meals is providing frozen meals to seniors who are self-isolating. Frozen meal packs will be distributed M-F 10a-3p through April 3.
- 610 Magnolia has to-go meals available from 5 – 8:30pm
- Blessings in a Backpack will distribute weekend meals on Fridays to kids who are in the program
- Dare to Care Food Bank will be providing Grab & Go meals to Kids Cafe Partners
- Galaxie and Rye on Market is offering free meals to service industry members. Each applicant is eligible for 2 meals/day.
- JCPS will serve both breakfast & lunch from 10 – 1 on weekdays to kids under the age of 18.
- NAFCS will provide breakfast and lunch to those under the age of 18. Drive-thru meals will be available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11 – 12:30.
- Joella’s Hot Chicken will offer free kids meals to children 10 and under from 11 – 5 on weekdays – they are also offering free catering to hospitals and ERs
- Food Pantries
- Hope Southern Indiana (1200 Bono Road); Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 3:15 PM; Floyd County Residents only* (812) 948-9248
- Northside on Oak Midtown Commons (1423 E. Oak Street); Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Okolona Christian Church Food Pantry is open Tuesdays – Thursdays from 9 – 4!
- Dollar General is strongly encouraging that the first hour of operations each day be dedicated solely for the shopping needs of senior customers, who are one of the groups most vulnerable to the COVID-19 coronavirus. Read announcement
- March for Meals is providing a drive-thru meal program with food boxes for senior citizens
- Join in prayer for others and share your own requests on the WayFM Prayer Wall
- Feeling fear or anxiety? Talk to someone
- LG & E and Duke Energy will not disconnect services due to late payments and provide assistance if needed
- Feeling sick? Norton Healthcare and Baptist Health have prepared great information where you can learn next steps
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Pray for others on the WayFM Prayer Wall
- Give your resources or time through the Salvation Army or Dare to Care Food Bank
- Connect with your local church and find out how you can join with the Body of Christ to help!